Friday, September 14, 2018

A former life and a new life

I started my career as a school social worker. It looks like I will now be ending it that way as well. After spending 20 years working as a special education administrator, I have been, again, allowed the privilege of making career decisions that suit me - wherever I am - now.

The "me" I refer to keeps evolving and changing.

I loved being a social worker and I loved being a special education administrator. Now I get to fall in love all over again. I get to work with students who are already identified as having special needs. It's all special education, all the time.

I work with four classrooms of students with communication difficulties, behavior problems, intellectual disabilities, and sensory needs. We will be taking the students on monthly field trips. Next week I get my CDL - Commercial Driver License so I can drive a van load on these trips. I passed the safety test. Next, Rules of the Road and behind the wheel!


No comments:

Post a Comment