Tuesday, December 18, 2018

My Greatest Strength is my Greatest Weakness

In general, I am flexible, I problem-solve, I'm friendly, I'm quick witted, and I like to do things. Those qualities and characteristics, which are my greatest strengths, also are my greatest weaknesses. I overextend myself. I get depleted and my soul gets tired. I "neglect" those I love or at least don't meet their needs in the way they would like me to meet them. I am a giant bundle of bad, good, and imperfect all wrapped up in one. I will never be enough for some.

I am a mess. This is who I am.

Illuminations at the Morton Arboretum

Ornament shopping at a Holiday Market.

A late night stop at Peet's Coffee in my winning Holiday Sweater.

Homemade noodles about to go into Ramen.

Making homemade, not Ho-Made, tamales.

I hope my children will some day understand and will some day forgive me.






No comments:

Post a Comment