Monday, January 28, 2019

Mixology

Annually, I work to perfect a "new" (or new to me) beverage. It becomes the beverage of the year.

I start in late spring and work on proportions, ingredients and taste throughout the summer. By fall, it is damn near perfect. Most involve vodka, as gin and I had a bad evening in the late 80's and have not been close bed-fellows since. All involve some kind of muddled herb and/or produce, much to my sister's dismay. She hates "floaties."

I have made Cilantro Vodka Gimlets, Mojitos with Cucumber & Ginger, Jalepeno Gin & Tonic, Irish Mules with fresh Mint, and this summer I perfected a Jalepeno Tequila with Cucumber, OJ, lime, and chili/salt rim.

Projecting ahead to the summer of 2019, I'm considering a grapefruit something or other, or perhaps a lemoncello, sparkling wine, thyme surprise. Either way, by early fall, you'll want to stop by for a sample.

Yesterday I dabbled in a different form of chemistry. I took a class on the art of henna. We mixed, strained, folded, filled and practiced drawing with henna cones. Needless to say, I need continued work, but I did learn a lot and will practice on anyone who is a willing participant.

my work

not my work



No comments:

Post a Comment